With warmer weather around the corner, why not give your classic smoothie recipes a fresh twist? Don’t worry if you’re too busy to grab all the ingredients you need; Blender Bites has you covered with their frozen superfood smoothie pucks. Just blend with your favourite liquid base and you’re good to go. Here are three fresh and fun smoothie recipes to try this season!
Start your day off right with a tasty berry crumble!
Superfood Berry Filling:
3 Blender Bites Greens and Berries superfood pucks
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the superfood berry filling: In a medium-size saucepan, add the superfood pucks and frozen blueberries. Cook on medium-low heat to break down the fruit, about 4-5 minutes. Mash the pucks and blueberries with a potato masher, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Stir in the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Taste and add more maple syrup or lemon juice as needed.
- Stir in the chia seeds and arrowroot starch. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat to allow the mixture to thicken up. If you want it thicker, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time (mixture will continue to thicken as it sits).
- Make the crumble: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, chopped almonds, almond flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and combine till the mixture is moistened throughout.
- In an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish, add the superfood filling. Top with the crumble, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is golden brown. Let the berry crisp cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream!
Strawberry Cashew Smoothie Bowl
Colourful and refreshing, this Pinterest-worthy smoothie bowl is packed with fruits, veggies and superfoods, making it the perfect healthy treat for summer.
- 1 Greens and Berries superfood puck
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen zucchini
- 2 cups nut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with mixed berries
Chocolate Green Smoothie Popsicles
Give your standard chocolate popsicle a healthy, “green” twist.
- 2 blender bite pucks
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate plant milk (almond, coconut, hemp, soy, pea or cashew)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend popsicle ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Make chocolate drizzle by microwaving chocolate and oil together in a bowl for 30 seconds (can also be melted in a double boiler set up). Take out and whisk immediately until smooth.
- Pull out popsicles (run under warm water for 10 seconds to make it easier to pull them out), and lay them on a plate.
- Drizzle chocolate over top, then place in freezer for 5 minutes.